Have you ever asked yourself why cats stare, almost worryingly, into space or at the wall?
Our purring friends seem to do this quite often. Experts have given different explanations to this strange habit.
One thing is for sure: there is no certain answer to why your cat stares at the wall or into space.
However, here we list the most interesting hypothesis.
- - Cats meditate: many think that cats relax and release stress by focusing on...nothing.
- - Others think they see insects invisible to the human eye. In fact, cats' senses are much more developed than ours.
- - Maybe, they simulate a hunting action in their head and staring into space is as good a place as any.
- - Others think that cats can feel magnetic fields: their whiskers act as antennas and perceive electrostatic charges.
- - The most scary hypothesis is that they see ghosts: some believe that cats live between the world of the living and the world of the dead. Therefore, they can see things that we cannot.